What Is Mapstraction?
Why Use Mapstraction?
Code your application once and once only; then switch your mapping provider as you desire, depending on your personal tastes, the quality of maps in your area or any other reason you can think of.
Switching mapping providers in Mapstraction is often as simple as changing just two lines of code in your application.
- Support for all the major mapping APIs
- ESRI ArcGIS
- Google – v2 and v3
- MapQuest and MapQuest Open
- Microsoft Bing – v6 and v7
- Nokia Here
- Ordnance Survey OpenSpace
- Nokia Ovi
- Dynamic switching from one maps API to another
- Show Markers, Points, Lines and Polygons on your map
- Add image overlays and base map tiles to your application
Mapstraction Is Open Source
Mapstraction is an open source project with the source code freely available from GitHub and is released under the BSD License.